Monday, November 06, 2006

2006 World Fantasy Awards

The World Fantasy Convention has announced its 2006 award winners and nominees (or something like that, all I'm sure of is that someone has won something). Two someones of note are Haruki Murakami, winner in the novel category for Kafka on the Shore, and George Saunders winner in the short fiction category for "CommComm" from his short story collection In Persuasion Nation. And though I thorougly enjoyed all of Saunders's stories in his recent collection, reading "CommComm" was a singular experience. I impatiently suggest that you read "CommComm."

1 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger piksea said...

I have the Saunders at home, but haven't read it yet. I love Murakami and Kafka was a wonderful book. I don't think they make enough awards to give to Murakami, so it's nice to hear when he gets one.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home